Thursday, September 12, 2013

C4T #1

     I was given Steven Anderson, the Director of Instructional Technology for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County schools in Winston-Salem, NC, for my first Comments for Teachers assignment. Mr. Anderson blogs about the web 2.0 connected classroom.
fostering grit
Mr. Anderson in his most recent blog, reviews a book called Fostering Grit by Thomas Hoerr. This book, which is apart of the Arias Series, talks about developing Grit. In this book, Hoerr, points out that learning takes more than just the core subjects for students to succeed. Anderson speaks very highly of the Arias series, in saying that they can be used not only by students but by teachers and administrators as well. Anderson states that the book is a quick read but the takeaways are immediate and impactful. In my comment, I stated that I enjoyed reading his post about the book and that is was something I could see myself reading.

    For my second C4T blog post, Mr. Anderson blogged about the book Teaching With Tablets.
teaching with tablets
Mr. Anderson talked about how iPads and Android tablets are becoming more prevalent in our educational systems. He stated that many Administrators know they need to implement them into their school, but they are not quite sure what to do with them. He also talks about how just because we have access to these types of devices does not mean that we always have to use them. In my comment, I stated that pencil and paper, I felt, were becoming obsolete. I also stated that education is increasingly becoming more technologically based. I also said that I feel that a lot of the time we use these devices when it really is not necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment